Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Carrot Cake Anyone?


Have I mentioned that I love carrot cake?  There used to be a little sandwich shop near my uni that sold these little bars of carrot cake.  I used to buy my Crab Mayo baps there and one day I decided to pick up one of the carrot cakes.  I had no idea what that yellow frosting was but it was love at first bite.  I later found out it was cream cheese. Before that, cream cheese was absent from my diet and since then it's been here to stay!


There are many versions of the carrot cake, some have fruits like apricot and mandarins inside or in the layers and some add chopped walnuts.  For me, I like the nuts on the outside and nothing but carrot on the inside.  The recipe I use is from the Hummingbird Bakery bakebook that my friend got for me for my birthday.  I tweaked the recipe a little so it's not quite so 'spicy' and the recipe gives me a really moist cake.  Couple with the Cream Cheese Frosting... divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.