Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Cupcake a Day Keeps the Doctor Away

This post has been long overdue! I went on holiday a week or so ago but the run up to the holiday was pretty hectic with replacement classes (again) for my cake decorating course, getting last minute things sorted and trying not to pack half the house with me. I just don't get this packing light business. I try... and somehow I always fail. At least I never run out of clothes to wear! : )

A good friend came to me a couple of months back to make some cupcakes for the opening of a women's clinic and natural birthing centre in Gangnam. This friend of mine also got me the "What's New Cupcake?" book by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson which has so many fabulous ideas. Let's just say that she helps fuel my passion for new designs, so I was more than happy to oblige.

We decided on a flower theme to coincide with the name of the clinic and some vibrant colours to brighten things up. To personalise it a bit more I made some cupcake toppers with the clinic's logo on it. Next we had to choose the flavours. Another friend got me the cookbook from my favourite London bakery, The Hummingbird Bakery so we went through that and as she likes hazelnute spread, she choose half the cupcakes to be Hazelnut and Chocolate cupcakes (with Nutella filling). For the 2nd batch of cupcakes, we went with something light and fruity, Lemon Cupcakes with fresh lemon curd filling.

Here they are waiting to be eaten

My friend told me that doctor and the guests didn't expect the cupcakes, it was a yummy surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.