Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Bundt Pan Survived the Uncaking Without a Scratch

The long title says it all really!  I have never got a cake out so easily before.  I turned it upside down over the cooling rack and felt the weight come off.  I sloooowly (dreaded to see the cakes broke in half) moved the cake pan away and saw 4 beautifully formed cakes.  They were so pretty.  I didn't take a picture as I was too busy ooohing over it and then cutting one of them open to try. Hee hee!

I used a Banana Sour Cream Loaf recipe from a baking book that my friend, Sharon posted to me by White House Executive Pastry Chef Bill Yosses and Melissa Clark called "The Perfect Finish".  It was meant for a 9" x 5" loaf pan but I had all these ripe bananas that were begging to be made into a cake and I wanted to try out the Bundt pans so...

The original baking time was 1 hr 20min and I reduced it to 50min and it was nicely browned.  Because I was putting my daughter to sleep, I wasn't able to check it earlier (first time trying a recipe and all that) but I feel that it could have come out 5 - 10 minutes earlier.  I will post the recipe here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.