Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bridal Shower Cupcakes

I cannot tell you how excited I was when I got this order! It was almost as exciting as getting my first Barbie. When I heard Bridal Shower, I was like 'EEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' happily waving my hands in the air. Luckily no one was around to really witness that but now you know.

What's so great about bridal shower cupcakes? Well now first of all, I was thinking pretty and I was thinking pastels! It is sooooo much easier to mix pastel colours than strong primary colours like you need for kids cupcakes. Secondly, I had quite a few ideas and an opportunity to test them out.

The order came from S who ordered the Frogs in Pond cupcakes a few months ago and she once again let me loose on the ideas department. After I gave her a choice of 4 flavours and frostings (based on her budget) to choose one, she and her co-conspirators (the party was a surprise) decided on a White Chocolate + Swiss Meringue Buttercream.

I decided on 3 designs so it won't be too colourful on the dessert stand. The first is The Bouquet. I piped 3 different types of flowers in Mint Green, Ivory and Coral with the Open Star and Closed Star tips. The stalks were piped with Round Tip #3 and the ribbon with Round Tip #1. To complete the bouquet, I added sugar pearls from Donna Hay for the centres.


One of the most important things when getting ready for a wedding is choosing the rings, this gave me the idea to create 2 intertwined rings using silver cachous/dragees and using pink ones to do the stone. I was up till 4.30am putting them on with craft tweezers. By 4am my thumb and fingers were cramping up. A good thing they looked pretty so that at least numbed the cramps a bit.


Finally I drew a heart shape with a Closed Star Tip. Originally I was just going to keep it simple like that but thought it needed something extra. So I made the couple's monograms in White Chocolate and added a bit of bling with the gold cachous. To see how to make the monograms see the post before.


The White Chocolate cupcakes are dense and have an intense flavour which is nicely complimented by the slightly less sweet but oh-so-smooth SMB. I was told the guests really enjoyed the cupcakes. ; )

I am looking forward to making more of these, so if you are throwing a bridal shower or looking for wedding cupcakes, contact me at orders@buttersugarcream.com

The flowers are so summery and pretty I couldn't resist adding another picture.

2 comments:

  1. OOOOOOHHH! AAAAAHHHHH! Very lovely, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They tasted even better than they looked, if that was even possible! ^.^
    They were such a hit, my SIL-to-be and her friends were in awe! Sending them home as gifts as well was the icing on the cake for the party! ^.~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.